The Marilyn Remembered Fan Club came into existence on August 5, 1982, when four devoted fans, each there to pay respects to Marilyn, met at Westwood Village Memorial Park. As no official memorial service had been held for Marilyn since 1962, Greg Schreiner, Teresa & Catherine Seeger and Anthony Cordova founded Marilyn Remembered with the mission to preserve the memory of Marilyn Monroe with dignity, respect and love.
Marilyn Remembered has hosted a memorial service for Marilyn each year since 1982, and this year will be no different. We are committed to honoring Marilyn, and to providing fans with an opportunity to come together to remember her on the anniversary of her passing in spite of the global coronavirus pandemic. However, we will need to make a few adjustments this year due to required social distancing measures. Please see below for important details:
- Westwood Village Memorial Park will be closed to the public on August 5th. This means we are unable to host guests inside the chapel for the 2020 memorial service.
- Even though the cemetery and chapel are closed to the public, Westwood Village Memorial Park management has graciously allowed Marilyn Remembered leadership the opportunity to host a memorial for Marilyn that will be live-streamed around the globe.
- In order to ensure the health and safety of our members, we will not be hosting a reception this year.
- On Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/MarilynRemembered/
- On Instagram: www.instagram.com/marilynremembered/
Remembering Marilyn on Social Media: Marilyn Remembered has created special artwork in celebration of the 58th Anniversary Marilyn Monroe Memorial for fans to use on social media sites. Visit our website here for artwork to use for Facebook cover pages and profile pictures, Twitter and Instagram posts, and Snapchat and Instagram stories.
Remember to use the hashtags #MarilynMonroe58th and #MarilynRememberedFanClub on your posts so we can find you!
Please email any questions to email@example.com.